Wednesday, October 13, 2004

A Day in the Life

So today was a great day...one of those days where I love being Prez and dread the end of the year. Everybody was super goofy and didn't seemed bogged down by all the other commitments I know they have. Berne was talking like a girl, P was having spasms, and Angie laughed so hard she had to leave our meeting. The office had a fun vibe today - let's work on keeping that.
I felt productive today, met with HUPB to plan a get out the vote drive - I feel like our relationship with them is better than it has been since I've been on Senate, thanks in part to their Prez coming to us with ideas.
Also met with a dean and two professors to plan a conference on international issues. If all goes well it will be here at BSU in the spring. Overall it was one of the best meetings I've ever been to. Productive, efficient, and thought provoking. I left thinking about students and what we're being taught. Do we give back as much as the generation before us did? Do we contribute to our communities or simply sit back and worry about ourselves? The argument is that we're the most selfish generation that's existed in a long time. Well I am a part of this generation and I will not be like that. Neither will the 15 people that spend their Wednesday nights representing other BSU students or the people on HUPB, or my roomie, or my friends. There are many of us who believe in giving back and in helping others. Focus on us, believe in us, then sit back and watch us do incredible things :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Yo Berne - Why didn't my attempts to link you and P work?

10:55 PM  
Blogger Berne said...

I fixed the links...were you trying to link to blogs or our Senate pages? I linked to My blog, and P's Senate bio page. The URL's were wrong.

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home